- RSS Channel Showcase 8972850
- RSS Channel Showcase 2541101
- RSS Channel Showcase 8583840
- RSS Channel Showcase 8936064
Articles on this Page
- 10/23/15--05:49: _Caernarfon Castle –...
- 10/29/15--09:12: _Beaumaris Castle – ...
- 12/11/17--09:47: _Puffins and The Pem...
- 04/03/18--08:24: _Dee Estuary Walk – ...
- 04/04/18--02:53: _Dee Estuary Walk – ...
- 04/22/18--01:27: _Dee Estuary Walk – ...
- 10/23/15--05:49: Caernarfon Castle – The Mighty Medieval Fortress
- 10/29/15--09:12: Beaumaris Castle – The Unfinished Masterpiece of Anglesey
- 12/11/17--09:47: Puffins and The Pembrokeshire Coast
- 04/03/18--08:24: Dee Estuary Walk – Prestatyn to Talacre Beach
- 04/04/18--02:53: Dee Estuary Walk – Ffynnongroyw to Flint
- 04/22/18--01:27: Dee Estuary Walk – Connah’s Quay To Neston
Considered the most impressive of all Edward I castles, Caernarfon Castle was built to both impress and be fearsome as part of his iron ring of castles to quell Welsh rebellion. I had continued on my road trip around ‘iron ring, and from Harlech Castle, which is so impressive in itself, you cannot escape the […]
Beaumaris Castle, Anglesey, is truly a sight to behold. In its current state as you approach it may not look the high and grand castle you expect but as you get closer and within you see this masterpiece for what it is. Beaumaris Castle has been described as the ‘perfect symmetrical concentric (wall within wall) […]
Over the Summer I spent a few fabulous days in Pembrokeshire, exploring a little bit of the coast and most thrillingly photographing Atlantic Puffins on Skomer Island; tick one off my Bucket List. Who doesn’t love a Puffin? Their gorgeous little faces, at once both comical and melancholy, their clumsy ways when land bound, their rather awkward landings seem more like a crash, they can’t help but endear you to them. […]
I was ready for a new and wonderful adventure and walk. I was to take in a walk around the coastline of the Dee Estuary, starting at Prestatyn and eventually ending up high on the Wirral Peninsular at Hoylake. Variety was ahead as I made my way round, so much to see and learn. I […]
It was time for stage 2 of this Dee Estuary coastal walk. The scenery was about to change from dunes to a world of history and intrigue. From castles to ancient wells, from the remains of old docks to reminders of past industry. One of the things I was really enjoying about this long walk […]
It was a lovely new day and a new stage ahead in this wonderful Dee Estuary Walk. The first 2 days had been full of variety, from dunes to beaches and castles to old mining towns. Today was to be no different on this leg of my walk. From industry to wildlife, and much of […]